With the merging of three firms, L&H has quickly grown to become one of the top accounting firms in Dallas that provides both financial and accounting services. L&H CPAs and Advisors has earned the reputation as our client’s most trusted advisors by providing integrated financial services with an outstanding level of service and expertise. Our primary focus is to create and maintain strong relationships with clients through effective tax compliance, planning, and forward looking advisory services.
- Client obsession - Our clients are at the center of everything we do.
- Ownership - Be accountable and accept responsibility for delivering exceptional outcomes.
- Growth mindset - Constantly learning and adapting, to better yourself and the company.
About the Opportunity
The Tax Manager will report directly to the partners/principals and be responsible for overseeing the planning, scheduling, preparation, research, and review process of federal, state, and local tax returns for both individuals and businesses and provide guidance and leadership to staff members.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position that seasonally requires long hours and some weekend work.
Responsibilities & Duties
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage engagement team members to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks and be a resource for team members
- Maintain timely and accurate communication with team and clients to manage expectations, deadlines, and deliverables
- Demonstrate advanced technical aptitude of taxation and lead preparation of complex tax returns including: individuals, C-Corp, S-Corp, partnerships, trust, estate, etc. for clients in a variety of industries
- Establish rapport and work directly with clients to resolve tax questions and issues
- Review the work of associates and provide feedback for corrective action
- Perform extensive tax research on complex tax issues
- Handle IRS, state, governmental correspondence and audits
- Provide guidance/mentorship to staff and assist them in developing technical skills
- Train new employees on firm technology, processes, and procedures
- Maintain program for periodic tax updates and education for the tax group
- Present new ideas and improvements for ways of performing tasks to achieve firm and departmental goals
Skills & Qualifications
Qualified candidates possess the following skills & attributes:
- Strong analytical, research and critical thinking skills
- Ability to make and support decisions regarding accounting and tax matters
- Ability to perform and direct multiple engagements
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to mentor, lead, train staff members and adapt to different learning styles of others
- Thomson Reuters (UltraTax) software experience (preferred)
- Ability to work independently, but also in a team environment
- Highly motivated, self-starter with ability to multitask
Background Job Requirements for the Tax Manager include:
- Master’s degree in Accounting/Taxation (preferred)
- 10+ years tax experience in a public accounting firm (at least 5 in Manager role)
- CPA licensed in Texas
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid holidays and vacation/sick leave
- Retirement benefits
- Compensation for the Tax Manager will be commensurate with experience
Please email your resume to: email@example.com
10000 N. Central Expressway, Suite 710
Dallas, TX 75231