Senior Tax Accountant
With the merging of three firms, L&H has quickly grown to become one of the top accounting firms in Dallas that provides both financial and accounting services. L&H CPAs and Advisors has earned the reputation as our client’s most trusted advisors by providing integrated financial services with an outstanding level of service and expertise. Our primary focus is to create and maintain strong relationships with clients through effective tax compliance, planning, and forward looking advisory services.
- Client obsession - Our clients are at the center of everything we do.
- Ownership - Be accountable and accept responsibility for delivering exceptional outcomes.
- Growth mindset - Constantly learning and adapting, to better yourself and the company.
About the Opportunity
The Senior Tax Accountant is the first advisor to gather and review a client's tax documents to prepare the necessary partnership, corporate, trust, or individual income tax returns. Frequent communication with the client is not only necessary, but also imperative to successfully meet the client's needs. Perpetual internal communication with an administrative team and the manager/partner is also required to bolster an efficient workflow to complete accurate and timely prepared tax returns.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position that seasonally requires long hours and some weekend work.
Responsibilities & Duties
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare federal, state, and local tax returns by gathering information relevant to the tax filing period
- Prepare tax estimates by reviewing historic, current, and future financial information
- Recommend tax strategies by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues
- Maintain current legislative knowledge by reviewing, interpreting, and implementing new or revised laws
- Recommend procedures that will continue to streamline and improve workflow for the client and manager
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations; meeting or exceeding continuing professional education requirements
- Accomplish accounting and organizational mission by completing related projects as needed
Skills & Qualifications
Qualified candidates possess the following skills & attributes:
- Able to work in an environment with many interruptions and multitask with composure
- Focus on customer service, able to provide support to the entire staff
- Always uses discretion when handling confidential information
- Highly organized and efficient with strong attention to detail and high accuracy rate
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to adapt to new software and technologies
- Dependable and takes ownership of responsibilities
Background Job Requirements for the Senior Tax Accountant include:
- Experienced in tax preparation - partnership, corporate, trust and individual returns
- Bachelor's degree required
- CPA or EA license required
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with clients and internal staff
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Experience with UltraTax preferred, but not required
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid holidays and vacation/sick leave
- Retirement benefits
- Compensation for the Senior Accountant will be commensurate with experience
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
10000 N. Central Expressway, Suite 710
Dallas, TX 75231