Senior Tax Accountant
With the merging of three firms, L&H has quickly grown to become a Dallas leader in financial and accounting services. L&H CPAs and Advisors has earned the reputation as their client’s most trusted advisors by providing integrated financial services with an outstanding level of service and expertise.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Senior Tax Accountant is the first advisor to gather and review a client's tax documents to prepare the necessary partnership, corporate, trust, or individual income tax returns. Frequent communication with the client is not only necessary, but also imperative to successfully meet the client's needs. Perpetual internal communication with an administrative team and the manager/partner is also required to bolster an efficient workflow to complete accurate and timely prepared tax returns.
This is a full-time exempt position that seasonally requires long hours and some weekend work.
Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare federal, state, and local tax returns by gathering information relevant to the tax filing period.
- Prepare tax estimates by reviewing historic, current and future financial information.
- Recommend tax strategies by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues.
- Maintain current legislative knowledge by reviewing, interpreting, and implementing new or revised laws.
- Recommend procedures that will continue to streamline and improve workflow for the client and manager.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations; meeting or exceeding continuing professional education requirements.
- Accomplish accounting and organizational mission by completing related projects as needed.
- Experienced in tax preparation - partnership, corporate, trust and individual returns.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- CPA license required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with clients and internal staff.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Experience with UltraTax preferred, but not required.
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
10000 N. Central Expressway, Suite 710
Dallas, TX 75231